An excellent location!
An excellent location! And charming. Lörrach is located in the far southwest of Germany. A trip to Alsace? And to Switzerland? And the Black Forest? From the capital of the magnificent Markgräflerland region - no problem.
How about Basel - just 10 km away? Or would you rather prefer to go Swimming in the outdoor pool first?
On warm summer evenings, enjoy open-air theatre performances in the ruins of Rötteln castle. And something extraordinary awaits you at the International Festival of Voices in July. Let yourself be enchanted by the culture, the Mediterranean flair and the light of the south!
The hostel is located between the districts of Lörrach-Stetten and Lörrach Salzert, near the edge of the woods. The town centre is only about 3 km.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Museum am Burghof - the "three-country museum"
- Erlebniskletterwald ("adventure climbing forest")
- Inner bailey of the castle (culture & concerts)
- Cycling & mountain biking
Hiking - nothing but nature
- The "Eiserne Hand" ("iron hand") landmark hike (2 hours)
- Inzlinger Wasserschloss (moated castle) (3 hours)
- Tierpark Lange Erle (zoo) (CH) (3 hours)
- On scenic trails to Basel (CH) (3 hours)
- Ruins of Rötteln Castle (4 hours)
- St Chrischona TV Tower (CH) (4 hours)
- Tüllinger Mountain (4 hours)
Lots to experience
- Ruins of Rötteln Castle (6 km)
- Basel, Switzerland (zoo) (10 km)
- Vogelpark Steinen (bird park), Wiestental valley (17 km)
- Augusta Raurica (Roman town) (25 km)
- Erdmannshöhle in Hasel (stalactite show caves) (25 km)
- Mulhouse, Alsace (car museum) (50 km)
- Feldberg (50 km)
- Ecomusee d'Alsace, outdoor museum (58km)
- Lake Titisee (65 km)
- Schluchsee (lake) (70 km)
- Colmar (80 km)
- Europapark Rust (100 km)
- Technorama in Winterthur (100 km)